Backend Software Engineer
Why We’re Here
We're looking for a razor-sharp Backend Software Engineer to help us quickly scale our growing suite of products, while also playing a key role in defining our design practices and how we architect our solutions. The seniority of this role is less important to us, what is important is finding the right person.
Our stack includes -- but is certainly not limited to the following technologies: Python, Django, Angluar, PostgreSQL, and Linux (CentOS). We offer a choose your own devices programing, starting with your computer: Custom Ordered Macbook Pro running macOS, or a Dell XPS running Windows 10.
Our infrastructure is ran entirely out of AWS, and we currently utilize EC2, RDS, EKS (Kubernetes), S3, CloudFront, ElastiCache, Elastic Search, Redshift, and a bunch more.
The technology department you’d be joining consists of 20 people in total, including 6 outsourced engineers. Don’t worry: the outsourced engineers are all located in the US and their corporate office is based in Fresno, CA. Our company is growing quickly, and we have around 50 employees, making our technology team account for ~40% of the company’s total size.
At Enervee, You…
- Be a code monkey
- Work 60+ hour weeks
- Be expected to deliver on expectations you did not agree to
- Work with “rock stars” who believe their way is the only way (so, deal with it!)
- Be a team player in a flat-structured, highly collaborative, lean environment
- Shape our design practices on how we build software
- Be a critical part of how we architect solutions
- Mentor and coach your peers to help them become better engineers
- Gain invaluable experience that will allow you to be promoted into new positions that align with your career goals
What you bring to the team
- Familiarity with computer science concepts such as OOP, Data Structures, Algorithm Design and Optimization, System Architecture, and Design Patterns
- Experience with Angular
- Experience with PostgreSQL or similar relational databases
- Experience with Docker and k8s (Kubernetes)
- Familiarity with Linux
- Experience with one or more Python testing frameworks
Why you will love being part of Enervee
People are our greatest asset and we want to empower our Backend Software Engineer to help achieve our vision!
- We celebrate diversity, encourage Innovation, work collaboratively, and practice transparency
- Sustainability is our business model as well as our mode of operation
- We're passionate about our partners and we genuinely appreciate them
- We are led by an experienced leadership team committed to empowerment and passionate about professional development and growth
How we care
The well-being of our employees is pivotal, and we address this through various perks and initiatives we periodically assess and enhance. We care about your present as well as your future and provide competitive compensation in addition to the following:
401K retirement saving plan with an above industry average employer match
- Every employee has a stake in our mission with our Employee Stock Option Plan
Comprehensive medical, dental & vision plans (100% Employer paid for employees and at 50% for Dependents) + Employer covered life and AD&D insurance + Access to health, well-being, personal development and counseling resources
- Unrestricted PTO + Flexible work schedule + Paid Parental Leave for 12 weeks
- Online meal delivery program for employees through GrubHub
- Mission aligned company events, including volunteering
- Choose your own devices program