Software QA Automation Engineer
Software QA Automation Engineer
Enervee is looking to add a couple Software QA Automation Engineers to join our growing technology team in Q2 2021. If the idea of jumping into the trenches with an exceptional team that cares deeply about our work, planet and virtually all of its inhabitants excites you, we would like to hear from you!
We use some of the latest tools to automate the testing of our products, such as Ghost Inspector for testing the UI/UX, Runscope for testing API's, and Rainforest QA for crowd sourced manual testing.
It's worth noting that although we have QA tools and processes in place, we don't have a formal QA team within our organization. We're looking to change that, and we have officially opened our doors to start building out our QA team. If you're looking to make a major impact and help shape how QA works within an agile and collaborative company, you've found the right place!
We are a small company of about 60 people. Our tech department currently consists of about 25 people and our tech team is divided amongst 4 different scrum teams. These QA roles will sit on one of those 4 scrum teams, and we will continue to hire so that each team has at least 1 QA engineer at all times.
Enervee’s Software QA Automation Engineer will be reporting directly to our VP of Engineering
How you can make an impact
- Help us automate all the things!
- Ensure that when we create a release branch, a full regression test of that branch passes within a day. After we meet that goal, let's get it down to 1 hour. After we meet that goal, let's get regression tests running after every merge into our master branch and then start doing continuous delivery with confidence.
- Put tools/processes in place to ensure when someone on our team breaks an existing feature, that team member is notified and the issue can be addressed immediately, before it even reaches regression testing.
- Oversee management of all our current QA tools
- Rainforest QA for manual, crowd sourced, testing
- Ghost Inspector for front end testing
- Runscope for API testing
- Redash for database testing
- Work with our team to trouble-shoot test failures in the various test environments. This may include trouble-shooting database issues using SQL queries, reviewing web server and application server logs, etc.
- Own the quality of our software at Enervee. Our development team is asked to move fast, so let's help them move fast, but with an emphasis on improving the quality and reliability of our products.
- Help us pick new tools and decide on new processes that help improve how we do QA at Enervee
Why you will love being part of Enervee
People are our greatest asset and we want to empower our Software QA Automation Engineer to help achieve our vision!
- We celebrate diversity, encourage Innovation, work collaboratively, and practice transparency
- Sustainability is our business model as well as our mode of operation
- We're passionate about our partners and we genuinely appreciate them
- We are led by an experienced leadership team committed to empowerment and passionate about professional development and growth
How we care
The well-being of our employees is pivotal, and we address this through various perks and initiatives we periodically assess and enhance. We care about your present as well as your future and provide competitive compensation in addition to the following thoughtful perks and benefits
- 401K retirement saving plan with an above industry average employer match
- Every employee has a stake in our mission with our Employee Stock Option Plan
- Comprehensive medical, dental & vision plans (100% Employer paid for employees and at 50% for Dependents) + Employer covered life and AD&D insurance + Access to health, well-being, personal development and counseling resources
- Unrestricted PTO + Flexible work schedule + Paid Parental Leave for 12 weeks
- Online meal delivery program for employees through GrubHub
- Mission aligned company events, including volunteering
- Choose your own devices program delivered to your home office
What you bring to the team
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, Physics, or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience working in a software QA role
- 3+ years of experience working on QA automation
- Experience working in an agile (scrum) software development team
- Knowledge of writing SQL queries
- Knowledge of testing RESTful API's
- Experience in small startup environment (less than 100 employees)
- Desire to work in an entrepreneurial environment (fast paced and business goals changing quickly)